Dear Dad

Mr L and I are both fortunate to still have our Dad around and in good health so this weekend, I’m sharing the cards I made for them for Father’s Day.  They each have completely different interests so rather than my usual two same-but-different cards, I opted for completely different cards this year.

For my F-i-L, I used Visible Image’s 99% Chance of Wine stamps and dies.  I started with the background, using Versamark ink and clear embossing powder to give a tone-on-tone look and repeat stamped the wine bottle.

Next, I stamped the bottle and wine glass separately, colouring the bottle with markers and adding the wine stamp from the set.

As you can see from the finished card, I had to redo the glass as when I added clear Nuvo Drops, the water-based ink spread and was really blurred so I restamped and coloured with alcohol markers instead.  The sentiment is from the Time To Par-tee stamp set.

For my Dad’s card, I used the Fisherman Boating stamp set by Inkylicous.  All of my life, Dad has gone fishing although he unfortunately hasn’t been able to go recently owing to being Mum’s full-time carer.  I saw this and the sentiment made me laugh!   For the background, I blended a few blue Distress Inks, adding some green into the water area and fading to the sky.  The images were then simply stamped over in black.

Have a lovely day, whether with your Dad in person or remembering special times with them.



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window