Follow The River

It’s been all change at our house this week with the arrival of our 8-week-old Cocker Spaniel puppy, Delta.  She’s such a cuddle-monster and loves nothing more than going to sleep on your lap!  However, trying to get her to sleep in her bed is tricky as she’s such a nosey whatsit so I set her bed under my desk so she’s near me and she finally went to sleep.  As a result, my card making had to be quiet so no heat-embossing.  Argh!!  It’s good to have a little challenge now and again though.

My plan was to use the Windswept stamp by Inkylicious which is a silhouette stamp so I needed to make a background.  Whilst it is technically summer, that cold wind has taken the edge off the summery feeling so I decided to create a sunset scene to warm me up!  To begin, I masked off the horizon and used yellow, orange and red Distress Oxides for the sky.  The sun was a negative mask, simply a hole punched out of a piece of paper.  For a bit more interest, I stencilled some clouds in purple using a Dusty Attic stencil.


Next, I used the same colours for the sea, adding a little purple and black ink too, before stamping the skinny waves from the Inkylicious By The Sea stamp set repeatedly over the water in grey ink. 

I added a little shading using a purple pencil and also a gel pen for some highlights and then stamped the grassy silhouette in black.  There are also 2 groups of birds in the set so I added those too to give the card some life.

The sentiment is from Take Me To The Ocean and I thought it fit well with this scene. I finished the card using a black mat layer which was mounted on a craft card blank.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window