A Bunch of Roses

This week’s post stars some Altenew goodies that I bought a while ago but hadn’t got around to playing with.  I’ve got the die version, called Rolled Roses, but I really liked the look of these Charles Rennie-Mackintosh style roses and I loved the fact that they also came with stencils for easy colouring and coordinating dies.

As I planned on batch making a few of these cards, I set up the stamps in my Misti and stamped each image twice, rotating 180˚.  The stencils come with both the positives and negatives so I used these as masks when stamping the overlapping roses.

I stamped and clear heat-embossed 6 panels plus some of the smaller roses that I could die-cut later.

The stencils made the colouring super-easy!

After stamping the sentiment, I used the Wavy Grid stencil and a very light blending of black ink to lightly stencil the pattern.  The tiny roses were die-cut and fixed in place with foam tape.

To add a more organic feel to the panels, I put them into my spray box and spattered some black ink and some gold paint.

Each panel was mounted on a black card blank to give a nice frame.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window