Dinky Inky Daisy


It’s my turn over on the Visible Image blog today and I’m using one of the new release products – the Inky Daisy stencil.  These were designed to be used in conjunction with the MDF products in the release but are also great for using on cards.

To begin, I stencilled the daisies around a DL sized panel using Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide for the petals and Mustard Seed on the centres.

To fill in the gaps, I masked the petals so that I could stencil the dots in yellow.

I stencilled another 2 daisies on a separate piece of card and fussy cut them, cutting out some of the petals.  Using a ball tool and a piece of fun foam, I rubbed the back of each petal to give some dimension.

The two daisy layers were attached to the card panel gluing down the centres and using foam tape to add more dimension under the petals.  The overhanging petals were chopped off.  To add some bling to the feature daisy, I went over the centre and inner parts of the petals with a clear Wink of Stella brush.

The font of the Happy Birthday stamp set suited the daisy so I stamped in black and added clear heat embossing over the top.

After completing all this, when I came to mount the card on a card blank, it didn’t look balanced  as a DL card so I trimmed it down to fit on a A6 card blank instead.  To pick up the black sentiment, I matted the panel on black card with a fine border before attaching to the card base.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window