Going Postal

This die and coordinating stencils have been around the craft scene for a while and has been very popular.  They fly off the shelves whenever I get a restock notification but I hadn’t purchased as I could only get one of them.  I didn’t want to risk buying either the stencil or the die and then not being able to get the other.

The Waffle Flower Postage Collage die cuts out a page of 6 postage stamps in one go.  The blocks stencil allows for easy colouring of the backgrounds.

For my backgrounds, I blended Distress Inks in Wild Honey and Picked Raspberry and spritzed with water to distress.

The main images were silhouettes from Waffle Flower Cattitude stamps and I used Postal Collage and Royal Mail stamps to add the postage details.  The cats looked a bit daft floating so I replaced the blocks stencil and used a sticky note mask to add some ground.

To finish the card, I attached the panel to a black card blank using thin black foam tape.

The stamps can also be cut apart and used individually.  I had partial die-cut another panel but it wasn’t quite big enough and only gave me 3 stamps.  I trimmed these apart and added them to a textured background, made using Lisa Horton Postal Marks embossing folder. 

There’s a fab Christmas stencil to decorate the stamp collage so look out for that in a few weeks!

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window