Things With Wings

"Things With Wings" was the theme for the Visible Image August ATC swap and, with my background in aviation, my mind immediately went to planes.  Visible Image don’t have any actual aircraft stamps however, they do have paper aeroplanes.  Bingo!  This is my matching card I made to go with the ATC.

For the background, I stamped the map from Scripted Streets in grey and added images from Destination unknown around the edge in black.

Using my favourite Grungy Union Jack stencil, I stencilled red and blue Distress Inks through, rotating the stencil randomly.  I spritzed a little water on and blotted to distress the inks.

I stamped a few of the paper planes in different sizes and fussy cut them. I’m not a huge fan of fussy cutting but these are very easy to cut out, having all straight lines.

The planes were attached to the panel using thin foam tape for dimension.  I backed the panel with a square of black to give a thin border all round and then mounted on a 5¾” square card blank.

This is the ATC I made where I glued the planes directly onto the card, adding black shadows under the planes to give the dimension.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window