Let The Drinking Begin!

The theme for this week’s Design Team posts is “Food & Drinks”.  For some reason it got me to thinking about the pandemic lockdown of 2020 and when people started to build their own bar in the garden when they couldn’t go to the pub.  We don’t have a garden bar but we do have a small, west-facing balcony where we like to partake of a sundowner - a glass of fizz or a G&T are our favourite tipples.  During a recent tidy-out of my craft room, I discovered some MDF door hangers that I’d bought many years ago at a craft fayre so the idea for some home décor was sown.

To get things started, I painted the door hanger with black gesso as I didn’t fancy the brown background.  Of course, you can paint it whatever colour you fancy!

Next, to add a bit of bling (and because I LOVE them!) I positioned the Painted Grid stencil over the hanger and sprayed some Distress Spritz in Twisted Citron, Fossilized Amber, Uncharted Mariner and Barn Door.  On the reverse side, I repositioned the stencil to continue the pattern onto the handle. I later sprayed the hanger with a fixative which dulled down the colours a bit but it did stop them rubbing off.

Whilst the hanger was drying, I stamped and clear heat-embossed the gin bottle and glass from Keep Your Gin Up and coloured them with alcohol markers before fussy cutting.

I stamped the splats and the sentiment using Versamark ink onto the hanger, added white embossing powder and heat set, ensuring that the heat gun was nice and hot before I started the embossing.

To finish, I applied wet glue to the back of the gin bottle and glass, using a paintbrush to get the glue right to the edges.


If gin's not your thing, try using one of Visible Image's other brilliant drinks stamps instead - with wine, Champagne, beerwhisky and cocktails to choose from.  

Cheers!

 

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window