The Cat’s Pyjamas

The Waffle Flower Cattitude stamp set was still out on my desk from one of my previous posts so when I needed a card for a cat-lover, that was the 'purr-fect' set to use. 

To start with, I made my background using Distress Stains in Lumberjack Plaid, Mustard Seed and Broken China plus plenty of water.  I was lucky enough to win a set of 12 Ranger Distress Spritz  sprays in a Facebook competition organised by Country View Crafts and so I tried the Weathered Wood out on my background.  Wow! The amount of shimmer and sparkle is amazing!  Unfortunately, the camera doesn’t pick it up but in real life, it’s gorgeous.

I stamped the sentiment from Newton’s Nook Cat-itude in the bottom corner first.  Whilst I usually work in inches, when I’m making DL cards, I use cm instead.  The main panel is 9cm x 20cm and the black backing is 0.5cm bigger.  This made the next step quite simple as I cut a 3cm strip of white card and positioned it in the centre of the background.  I did this in case any of my stamps went below the edge so that I’d be able to stamp them onto the background directly but they didn’t so I could have just stamped the white piece by itself.

When stamping silhouettes, I like to use my MISTI stamping platform so that I can repeat stamp to get really solid images.  I arranged cats along the strip and then stamped them all in one go.

Some of the cats hadn’t quite reached the bottom of the strip and looked like they were floating, so I used a black Sharpie and a ruler to fill in the bottom edge and ‘ground’ the cats.

Finally, I matted the panel with black card and attached to a DL card blank. 

I love those two cats batting each other – that’s exactly how two of ours behave!

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window