Time To Par-tee!

When I saw the Breaking Glass stencil, it immediately occurred to me to pair it with the Time To Par-tee stamps, with a golf ball breaking the glass.  I’m no golfer but I am partial to a round of crazy golf!

I started by making a background using Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio and Broken China Distress Spray Stains.

Once the background was dry, I stamped the golfer and the flag on it.  On a separate piece of card, I stamped and clear heat-embossed the large golf ball and the words.

My tip when using stencils with very fine details is to apply a temporary adhesive to the back of them first.  This will stop the stencil lifting from the card and letting the paste seep under.  I use Crafter’s Companion Stick and Spray and let it dry for a couple of minutes before using the stencil.  I then used a translucent stencil paste and removed the stencil.  Don't forget to wash the stencil immediately in hot, soapy water!

I added white iridescent glitter, tapped off the excess and set aside for a few hours to dry completely.  Once the panel had dried, I went over the panel vigorously with a dry paintbrush to remove any loose glitter.

Whilst the background was drying, I die-cut the golf ball with the matching dies.  I trimmed the sentiments and backed them with green foil card.

The glitter panel was mounted on a square of the same green foil card and then onto a black 5¾” square card blank.  The golf ball and sentiment were attached using thin foam tape and I added some movement lines using a black fineliner. 


 

 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window