Love You

Our Design Team theme this week is ‘Valentine’ and my brief is a non-card make so I’m making a tag that could be used on a gift or a bottle of fizz.  I had to think outside the box a bit as I don’t have any romantic stamps but that’s where Visible Image stamps are so versatile. 

For my tag base, I used an inky panel that I’d sprayed with Picked Raspberry and Lumberjack Plaid Distress Stains and Barn Door and Picked Raspberry Distress Spritz for a little shimmer.  I then used the typewriter from One Kind Word which I stamped and clear heat-embossed. 

I repeated the stamping and heat-embossing on a sheet of white card, adding a sentiment, and fussy cut the paper.  This was adhered to the tag.

Using the two hearts in the set, I repeat stamped these all over the tag to add more interest to the background.

Finally, I wanted “love you” at the bottom but there isn’t that in the set.  There is, however, “you are loved” so I did some partial inking using sticky notes as masks to get the sentiment.

The tag had been die-cut using a tattered-style edge and it had some inky marks on the back so I adhered it to a piece of white card, which I edged with black Sharpie.  The sentiment was popped onto the bottom using foam tape.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Kitty Krakatoa