Stitched Sunflower
For this week’s post, I’m doing more stamping and stitching, trying out another of my stamps with free-motion embroidery. I used the large sunflower from Visible Image Sunflower Grunge and stamped it onto a bit of old wash basket liner. I used my large MISTI so that I could repeat stamp if needed.
I put a couple of layers of gold organza over the sunflower and first stitched around the edge of the petals with a golden coloured thread. Next, I filled in the petals with a lighter yellow.
For the centre of the flower, I started with dark grey but with yellow in the bobbin. I adjusted the tension so that some of the bobbin thread would pull up to the surface to give the effect of pollen.
I continued the centre with a light brown and then a darker brown at the edge.
After putting a layer of green organza over the leaves and stem, I stitched these in the same way with three shades of green. I made some random long stitches for grasses at the bottom of the flower. I then trimmed off the organza around the stitching.
To mount the embroidery into a card, I made a triple section card blank and die-cut a rectangle from the centre section, stamping the sentiments around this frame.
The embroidery was trimmed and adhered to the inside of the card using red-liner tape then the extra panel folded in and glued in place.

Comments
Post a Comment