Double Vision

For my Visible Image DT post this week, I’m having a go at a double vision card – a card style I’ve seen all over the socials lately.  As it’s impossible to make identical backgrounds, I used the Tomorrow’s Memories paper pad for my backgrounds.  If you don’t have identical papers, you can make a cheat’s version by cutting just one panel into strips and glueing onto a black background. 

A stamping platform is essential for this as the panels need to be identical.  After trimming the paper sheets down to 5½” square, I stamped and clear heat-embossed the branch and lady from Carefree Days.

For the next stage, to ensure the stencil was in the same place on both panels, I drew around the panel and the stencil on my grid paper.  I blended Versafine Onyx Black ink through the Leafy stencil around the edges of the panels, added gold embossing powder and heat-set.

One of the panels was glued to a square of black card ⅛” larger than the panel.  I glued the other panel to an identical sized piece of black card to give it more stability then trimmed it into ½” strips.

Alternate strips were mounted onto the panel using black foam tape.  At this stage, I realised if I had made 3 panels, I could have made 2 cards.

After mounting the double vision panel onto a white square card blank, I stamped and clear heat-embossed the sentiment onto an off-cut of the paper pad, backed it with black card and glued onto the card.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window