String of Hearts
A couple of anniversary cards are the subject of today’s post. I’d made a card similar to this previously using paper hearts but I fancied using fabric hearts instead for these cards.
To give the fabric some body and reduce fraying, I covered a sheet of A4 card with double sided adhesive and stuck scrap pieces of fabric onto it.
Using a small Sizzix heart die (which came with my Big Shot when I bought it years ago), I die-cut as many hearts as I could get from the fabric.
On 5¼” squares of white card, I drew lines 1” apart with a Frixion pen, which is erasable with heat.
The hearts were arranged in place and secured with tiny dots of glue so that they wouldn’t move when I sewed down the lines with my sewing machine and purple thread. I applied my heat tool to the lines to remove any pen lines that were showing.
The threads were taped to the back and then the panels mounted on purple card before being glued to a 5¾” square card blank. I lightly folded the sides up on a few of the hearts to give the card dimension.
The sentiment is by Visible Image was stamped, clear heat-embossed, trimmed and popped up on foam tape.
I had a few hearts leftover so I made a DL birthday card with them, adding some zig-zag sewing this time.

Comments
Post a Comment