Glitter Balloons

Whilst having a tidy up of my craft room, I found some goodies that I’d bought ages ago but hadn’t yet gotten around to using.  So, I got busy with my Big Shot and a load of glitter card.

The die set is Happy Birthday Celebration Frames by Tonic Studios and it comprises 2 dies; the image and the outer frame.  I used a selection of coloured glitter card so I could mix and match the designs.

After sticking a sheet of double-sided adhesive to a piece of card, I die-cut the frame and then adhered the outline die-cut to that.  “Happy Birthday”  was then popped into place.

Next, I puzzle-pieced the balloons into their respective places.  The balloons were OK to do but the tiny ends were a bit of a faff!

I die-cut the balloon panel from white card and used the background pieces to finish the inlaid die-cut panel. This process was repeated to create four cards, using up all the balloons I had cut.  To finish the cards, each panel was mounted on a simple Z-fold card blank: a piece a card 4” x 10½”, scored at 2⅝” and 5¼”.  The card I found for this was some lovely black quartz shimmer so it complimented the glitter panels perfectly.

For the last card, I inlaid the background with black instead of white.  I think this one is my favourite!

These last two cards were made from the leftovers.  I used one of the white frames and the black letters and inlaid the background with glitter pieces.  For the last card, I used another white frame and stacked the white letter die-cuts then topped them with the blue glitter letters.  Once all these were in place, I sprinkled glitter onto the adhesive sheet, pressed it into place and brushed off the excess with a dry paintbrush.


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Kitty Krakatoa