Fancy Fold: The Bridge Fold

 

I do love a fancy fold card.  They always look impressive and aren’t always as tricky to make as you’d think.  This week’s design is called the bridge fold and was made for friends who have just moved into a new home.  It folds flat to fit inside a square envelope and can be simple or a little more complicated with an extra layer to add more dimension.

To begin, I cut a 5¾” x 6” square and with the 6” length at the top of the score board, scored at 1”, 2”, 4” and 5”.  I added some very old DSP depicting country scenes in navy and white as this really popped with the lime green card base.

Next, I die cut some hills, trees, grass, a house and a card and stamped my house with the greeting.


My middle layer was cut to just under 5” and score at ½” at each end. I arranged the house, car and trees and the glued it into place, folding the lugs backwards.

 

The ‘bridge’ section was built by adding some trees and then finally the grass, which I raised on foam squares for some extra dimension.  This was glued onto the side panels on the front of the card.

The shot from above shows the 3D nature of this card…

…but looks even better from the front!

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window