Swing Fold Card

 

This fancy fold card style has lots of dimension and extra wow! when it’s opened and the parts move.  It may look a little complicated but it’s not really.

To begin, I cut my card base and a layer of DSP and cut a rectangle from the front of the pair of them, attached together with a little temporary adhesive.  The piece of card base will be used later so don’t discard it!

Next, I cut the liner, which is also the mechanism to make the swing fold.  Score the card at ¼, ½ and ¾ across the piece and fold ‘mountain-mountain-valley’, as shown in the photo.

Place the liner with the first ‘mountain’ fold facing up into the card front and mark the left-hand side of the hole.  Remove the liner and cut away slightly bigger than the hole using either a trimmer or I used the next size up rectangle die and the partial die-cutting technique.

The liner is then glued into the card base by adhering the bit around the cut away to the back of the opening and the last quarter of the lining to the right-hand side of the back of the card base. 

After gluing the DSP onto the front, I attached the swing panel, which is the section of card base cut out at step 1.  Apply the glue to the swing mechanism only and attach the panel.

Lastly, decorate as you wish!  I used Stampin’ Up! Pampered Pets for my cards.

 

It’s also possible to make this card in landscape format too and using an oval cut out rather than a rectangle.

I think I’ll try a square version next time to give more space for writing my message.

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window