Festive Fleeces


Well, here we are at Christmas already!  It really seems to have come around quickly this year.  Firstly, this week, I’d like to share some exciting news with you:  I won a competition on Craftworld.com last month!  The competition was a colour themed challenge for a Valentine’s card and the prize was a full page in Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine, issue 225.  The card I entered was this one I made for Mr L a couple of years ago and I was chuffed to bits to be chosen.  Here’s a snap of the page in the magazine.

Now onto my card for this week, although it’s actually three cards.  Our friends have a flock of Icelandic sheep so I try to do sheep themed cards for them for Christmas.  For the 2019 card, I used Clearly Besotted Feeling Sheepish and added some Santa hats, using Lawn Fawn Tiny Gift Box Holiday Hats dies.

The 2020 offering used the bagpipe wielding sheep from Penny Black 12 Days of Christmas on craft card.

This year, I had the idea to make a wreath of sheep.  And why not?!  I stamped the Clearly Besotted sheep onto flocked paper, die cut them and coloured the feet and ears with coloured pencils.

To make the wreath more festive, I stamped the small holly from Lawn Fawn Joy To The Woods and coloured with pencils.  The greeting was cobbled together from various stamp sets!

Lastly, I arranged the sheep in a rough circle, adhering some straight onto the card and raising others on foam.  To add some more festive bling, I added a couple of Santa hats onto the sheep and some red rhinestones for holly berries.  The final touch was a red bow.

Merry Christmas!

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window