Draw A Blank

 

Do you ever feel intimidated by the blank sheet in front of you?  Apparently, it’s quite a common to sit down with a white sheet of card in front of you and for your mind to go blank. I purchased a gel press plate to make backgrounds in the hope that they would provide some inspiration that would spark an idea.

These cards were for ladies in the Lavinia Birthdays group so they feature Lavinia Stamps.  I began with these two panels to create two cards. 

I wanted them each to have a moon and I hadn’t left space in the printing so had to create one. For the purple panel, I brushed on white pigment ink through a circular stencil, adding a little silver and some white gel pen. Using a landscape stencil, I added some distant hills and near ground and also blended some ink to darken the sky and make the moon more prominent.

After seeing a lovely card with a bokeh sky, I thought I’d give it a go using a few different colours.  I don’t think it worked because the moon should be bokeh-ed too.  Mr L said it looked like the place was surrounded by loads of planets and moons!  Anyway, it added some interest to the sky and luckily, it doesn’t have to be realistic.  A few Mystic Swirls were stamped in silver ink to add some magic to the scene.

To finish the scene, I used Seren, one of the foxes from Set 2, the Fairy Fir Tree and Mystic Swirl in Versafine Clair Nocturne.  Finally, a bit of sparkle using Wink of Stella and some Nuvo Drops and some white gel pen on the leading edge of the elements to give the impression of reflected moonlight.

 

For the blue one, I used Distress Oxide Weathered Wood, a pale grey, to create the moon.  As it wasn’t so bright, I stamped the Star Cluster with Versamark and white heat embossed the stars.

 

The card featured Seren, Wild Hares and the Thistle Branch and a couple of mini mushrooms.  The images were stamped and edges darkened with Versafine Clair Nocturne.  Finally, a bit of texture was added with the Feather Leaf stencil and some White Posca dots.  The Posca pen was also used to create the reflected moonlight on the figures.

 



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window