Cat Heart Card

 

The idea for this card came to me whilst trying to think of a quick project to make an anniversary card for Mr L.  It had to be quick as we were going on holiday for our anniversary and I had to make it in the hour before the taxi picked us up and I hadn’t even finished packing! Panic crafting at it’s best!! It uses the partial die cutting technique to get the opening heart shape and would be perfect for anniversary, valentine and wedding cards.  I also wanted to have a go at hand lettering for the sentiment to fill the heart spaces.

 

 

Since the card for Mr L was made in somewhat of a rush, it opens the wrong way (!) and the front heart overhangs the edge.  I had thought that was an error but when I made the MkII version, I realised it was due to the card stock not being wide enough so the second version is only single fold rather than bifold. I used a heart die but circle dies would also work.

The partial die cut is made by placing the die in position on the card front, overlapping the score line, and lining the top cutting pad up along the score line.

When run through the Big Shot, the die will not cut beyond the cutting pad.  I trimmed the excess off down the score line to create the heart shaped front.

I die cut a smaller heart for the front and a piece of Gingham Gala DSP for the inside and decorated them with hand lettering.

I used the cat punch and some silver glimmer paper to make the two cats for the front.

I also punched two cats from the gingham paper for the back of the cats.

I reversed the cats on this card and intertwined the tails rather than having them head to head.

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window