Graduation Pop-Up Card

 

My friend’s daughter has just finished her degree course with First-class honours together with having her dissertation published in a journal.  What an achievement!  For her congratulations card, I used the diamond pop-up card for the base, dimensions of which can be found here.

The pop-up section would be the black mortar board cap, so I chose yellow for the card base and black and white for the layers.  I die cut a book and some glasses to decorate the left triangular mat.  The right was decorated with a die cut number 1 and a degree scroll, finished with a tiny piece of ribbon.

 

The black cap seemed a little plain so I used the stars from Lawn Fawn’s Tiny Backdrops stamps with Versamark ink and heat set with clear embossing powder to add a little interest and texture.

 

To make the tassel, I wrapped some black embroidery thread around a piece of card and tied the threads together at one edge, then removed the treads from the card.  With another length of thread, I tied it around the threads, near the top.  The single thread was then wrapped around the tassel tightly to a length of about ¼” and then the single thread was secured by tying to one of the strands.  I then cut the loops at the bottom and trimmed the ends so they were level.

 

Using Honey Bee Stamps Hooray Day shadow die, I cut “Congratulations” from gold glitter card, which I'd first backed with some adhesive sheet.  The shadow was cut from white card and I cut another from double sided foam.  A small hole was pierced in the centre of the cap and the tassel thread poked through and secured on the reverse.  The sentiment was stuck to the white shadow and then mounted onto the foam before being glued onto the cap, covering the hole.  A little glue was added under the tassel to hold it in place.  This was then glued to the card base.

 

Here's the finished card, which pops up when it’s taken out of the envelope.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window