Fluttering Friends

I’m not usually one for batch making cards.  I’m not against it, I just find it a bit dull.  What I do like is partial batch making.  That is creating the base card but then finishing them off to create different cards.  The stamps I’m using this week are the dragonflies from Fluttering Friends by My Favorite Things.

A stamping platform is really useful when batch making cards.  I positioned the 3 dragonflies and the sentiment in my Misti and stamped with Versafine Clair Nocturne and added clear embossing powder and heat set.  The heat embossing isn’t necessary but I like the shiny look.

Next, I repositioned 2 of the dragonflies and repeated the stamping and heat embossing.

Now, for my favourite part – ink blending!  I used Distress Oxides in Seedless Preserves and Peacock Feathers and blended over the dragonflies.  The lavender colour in the middle is the overlap of the two colours.  I then spattered a little water to distress the ink. 


The card was finished by mounting on a black mat layer then on a white card base and a few black gems.

The second card was made the same way but I added some stencilling using Newton’s Nook Falling Leaves and finished with some pastel pearls.

The third card was a rescue!  After spritzing with water, I decided that the inking needed to be deeper.  I started in with my blending brushes again but the panel wasn’t quite dry so it smeared and looked a right mess.  Coordinating dies to the rescue!  I cut out the dragonflies and the sentiment, used the stencil on another panel for the background then, using the original panel as a guide, glued the dragonflies in their original positions.  A few rhinestones were added for some bling.

For my last card, I’d used clear embossing powder on the panel so had to blend some ink behind the sentiment in addition to the dragonflies.  Somehow, it didn’t pop so I die-cut the 3 whole dragonflies and made an eclipse card by popping them up on foam tape over the black mat.


 So, there you go.  Four cards that started off the same but are all different.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window