Midweek Make: Flip Folds



I was sent these dies, together with the star version, for a commission last year for Die-Cutting Essentials magazine. They are really useful for creating quick, interactive cards. You can make your own inky or stamped card for the mats or for an even quicker make, use patterned paper. When folded, they fit nicely in a 5” x 7” envelope but you do need a wide platform die-cutting machine as the largest die is 7” square.

This card was for one of the veterans from Project 71 who was celebrating his 99th birthday.  His sight is very poor now so I thought a card with some movement might be appreciated.  I also chose bold colours and a metallic card for the lettering as that might catch the light.

To begin, I cut the card base from red card and the mats from a very old, long retired Stampin’ Up! Paper.  These were simply glued in place on the card base.

The flip around section needs decorating on both sides and the back side of it is actually the front when the card is closed.  You follow me?! I chose to put the Happy Birthday on the back with the ‘99’ on the flip side.  The letters are Lawn Fawn Henry’s ABCs which are a nice size for this.  The letters were cut from gold and red, gluing the red behind for an offset shadow look.

Here's the finished card.

And an action shot…


Here’s the Valentine’s card that I made for Mr L with the heart version.

I’m also trying to grow my YouTube channel so I’ve made a short video showing the making of this card.  My aim is to make short, sped up videos so that you don’t spend all of your time watching me!  Let me know if you like this style of video 👍

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window