No Ordinary Ordination

Normally, my last post of the month is a Christmas make but I've got a very special, unusual celebration to share today.  Yesterday, Mr L and I had the privilege and pleasure of attending our very dear friend’s Ordination and Induction into the united Reformed Church.  We got to know Ruth as she is the wife of a friend and former ATC colleague of ours.  Ruth's a very warm, caring lady whose first career was in nursing and I know she will be brilliant as Reverend Ruth.  

I am not at all religious so my celebration card for Ruth was not going to be the norm, most of which involve a quote from the bible.  Ruth is always very appreciative of the cards I send her and I know that she will know that, despite not being religious, the card and words therein, are heartfelt.

My theme for the card was sheep, my thinking being that Ruth would be leading her new flock. The stamp set I used is Clearly Besotted Feeling Sheepish, which is an old set.  There’s not a stamp with a back view of a sheep so I used some partial stamping and drew in the rest of the fleece.

For my Reverend sheep, after stamping, I drew in a ‘dog collar’ then coloured with markers.

I used alcohol markers to colour the grasses and the rest of the sheep. 

For my background, the first layer had a die-cut top edge which features a small village and a church.  I coloured the field with four shades of green marker.

To go behind the village, I used my homemade cloud stencil and Salty Ocean ink to create a fun, cloudy sky.

Since I didn’t have a suitable premade sentiment for this card, I used MFT Well Connected Alphabet for ‘Ordination’ and wrote ‘On Your’ above with a fine liner.

Finally, I assembled all the layers, adding the flock on varying layers of foam tape, to give extra dimension.  The panel was matted onto black card then mounted on a white square card base.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window