Framed Peonies

For this week’s card, I dug out another of my unused winnings from the Cardmaker 2022 competition, this one called Peonies Framed by Colorado Craft Company.  Rather than colouring the stamps directly, I decided to use vellum and here’s how I did it.

To begin, I stamped the frame on vellum using Versamark ink and added white embossing powder to one and gold to the other and heat-set them.

For easy colouring, I used my Sharpie markers to colour on the reverse side of the vellum.  Sharpies aren’t usually blendable but since ink takes a while to dry on vellum, you can do a little blending.  Colouring on the reverse side also means that you don’t have to be super careful about not going onto the lines.

The obvious problem with vellum is the attaching to the card blank so I cut a white panel and folded the edges of the vellum around and adhered them to the back with double-sided tape.

I added the birthday sentiment from the set onto the gold card and added a green mat layer before attaching to the card blank.

For the white card, I needed a wedding sentiment, which I found in another of CCC’s sets, Happily Ever After.  I finished this card with the same green layer and also added a few tiny rhinestones for extra sparkle.

Did you spot my mistake?  I didn’t until I was watermarking the photos (after the cards had been sent).  The peony at the top of the white version only has the dark pink colouring – I forgot to add the pale pink.  Doh!

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window