You’re How Old?!

 

Last month, my ‘little’ sister turned 50.  That made me feel old!  She is a huge cat fan so that was to be my theme.  When I first got Visible Image’s limited-edition Purr-fect Birthday stamp set, I immediately thought that the various images would be perfect for using on a triple step card, like the one I made here.

Usually, I work in inches but, after reading my own blog post, I remembered that the card wouldn’t fit in the envelope so this time I used cm and cut a rectangle 22.5cm x 13.5cm and scored it at 4.5cm/2.25cm intervals .  I also added an extra element with the fold out card at the front, cutting a card base 4.5cm x 9cm and scoring in the centre.  To start, I cut and scored the card bases.

Next, I cut all the mat and topper sections.  I cut the black mats 0.25cm smaller at  4.25cm/2cm square and the toppers 0.25cm smaller than the mats at 4cm/1.75cm.  It requires 2 large black, 3 large white and 7 each of the smaller squares (not 6 as shown here).

I got so carried away stamping that I forgot to photograph the next part!  Anyway, it involved stamping onto each of the topper panels and then adhering them into place.  I simply stamped the cats and paw prints in black and the sentiments were heat-embossed in gold.  The main sentiment is from Best Birthday Ever.

Last, to make the card into a ‘50’ card, I used the Birthday Balloons set and stamped 3 balloons. To coordinate with the card base, I dabbed Mustard Seed and Carved Pumpkin Distress Oxide inks onto the stamps, lightly misted with water and then stamped onto card.  Once dry, the numbers were heat-embossed in gold and the cat from the box was stamped on the third balloon.  These were die-cut using the matching dies.

I used some thin strips of acetate to attach the balloons to the reverse of the card so that they would stand up when the card was opened.

These stamps were indeed purr-fect for this style of card!


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window