Creative Card Class

As you are no doubt aware by now, I love to craft.  What I have discovered is that I also love to share crafting with others.  My hope is that they will get the same enjoyment and reward from it as I do.  So last week, I spent a fun couple of hours one evening teaching these lovely ladies how to make beautiful greetings cards to send to their nearest and dearest – or not as it seems they were so taken with the finished products that they were keeping them all for themselves!

The ladies in action!

I try to make the class interesting by introducing different techniques for each card.  The cards we made at this class were as follows:

Dragonfly and Dandelions

This featured on my blog in October 2018 and has become one of my most pinned items on Pinterest :-)  It entails simple stamping and a couple of die cuts.

Paper Pieced Lady

This idea was from Amanda, my SU! team leader.  I used the technique with a teapot and cup stamp in my blog post on 10th March 2019.  It involves stamping and fussy cutting.

‘In Focus’ Dandelions

I don’t know if this is the correct term for this technique but to me, it makes the eye focus onto the cut out-sections so the title seemed to make sense.  This card is created using stamps and punches.

Embossed Foil Card

This card uses an embossing folder and a die cut, full details can be found here.

Thanks to Ruth and Nikki for being such great students and making the evening so enjoyable.  At the end of the night, despite their initial concerns that they wouldn't be able to create the cards, all were completed and looked fabulous - nice work ladies!

 


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Christmas Ornaments

Twist 'n' Pop

Festive Floating Window